You can arrange your first appointment directly with our practice. We would need you to be registered with a dentist before starting any treatment.
We are happy to offer FREE CONSULTATIONS for adult orthodontic treatment.
To arrange your first visit, telephone our practice on 01642 243080, or alternatively please click the link below to complete the online referral form and a member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.
All children under 18 years of age qualify for a free consultation on the NHS. Please ask your dentist to make a referral to our practice or contact us by telephone/email for further information.
What happens on your first visit?
Your first visit is nothing to worry about. We just want to meet you and look at your teeth. We won’t be giving you a brace straight away and we won’t be taking any teeth out!
First of all, we’ll count your teeth and maybe take an X-ray picture. We will then have a talk with you to try to find out what you think about the way your teeth look and how you feel about wearing a brace.
There are a number of things that might then happen:
- If you are ready for a brace and are happy to wear one, we will advise you on the best type for you.
- If you want this under the NHS, you will have to go on a waiting list. We will be able to give you an idea of how long you will have to wait before your treatment can start.
- We will also explain our Gold, Platinum and Damon Plans. If you choose one of these options, there is usually no waiting list and you can have your appointment after school or on a Saturday so that you don’t miss school. We can also offer you braces with colours and white braces.
- If you are too young for a brace, we may suggest that we see you again in a year or two.
- If you do not want to wear a brace, we will explain what might happen if your teeth are left the way they are. If you are happy with this, you do not have to come back again if you don’t want to.