How our orthodontic service is changing : advice for patients
We are looking forward to welcoming back our patients as soon as we can.
The way that we will be running our service will be different for the foreseeable future. Our two key principles are :
- Staff and patients are kept safe when on the premises.
- Patients are given appointments in order of priority.
We have a large number of patients who are in treatment with braces. It will not be possible to see everyone all at once. In line with NHS guidance, we are prioritising patients who have been having problems with their braces during lockdown to start with. We will then send for all other patients in turn.
Our Commitment to Safety
- Our infection control standards are audited and checked regularly against government standards.
- Enhanced Covid-19 infection control measures have been put in place.
Changes to the way we will be running our service
- To maintain social distancing and provide treatment safely, we will be seeing fewer patients every day.
- Priority will be given to patients who have had urgent brace problems during lockdown.
- We will then send for all our other patients in turn.
- Some procedures will not be carried out straight away, removal of braces, fitting of braces
- The time between appointments will be longer until the Covid-19 situation has improved.
- Appointments will be made by telephone or email only.
- We ask that patients do not attend the premises without an appointment.
Things that you will notice that are different when you arrive
- We will all be wearing PPE including visors or masks.
- Protective glass screens are installed in front of reception desks.
- Our social distancing procedures are in place with clear signage throughout the practice.
Parents/ chaperones of children and teenagers
- To maintain safe social distancing, only one attendant parent or chaperone can be allowed into the practice.
- Please do not bring other family members or siblings.
- Please could patients and chaperones attend wearing a suitable face covering.
- Attendant parents will have the opportunity to ask any questions about how our service is expected to run.
- Parents will be asked to stay in the waiting area when the patient is taken into the surgery.
- Our toilet facilities are closed to the public during opening hours so please plan accordingly.
- Please could patients brush their teeth and braces before they leave home.
Thank you for your patience
- This has been a challenging time for our patients, and we realise that it has been frustrating not being able to get appointments.
- We hope to be back up to a normal service as soon as it is safe to do so.